Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast
News
  •  Breaking News
  •  Gov. Schwarzenegger
  •  Contra Costa County
  •  Alameda County
  •  Bay & State
  •  Crime & Courts
  •  Education
  •  Health
  •  Nation & World
  •  Politics
  •  Science & Environment
  •  Transportation & Growth
  •  Iraq
  •  War on terror
  •  Commuter page
  •  Where we live
  •  Obituaries


Back to Home >  News

Times Editor Chris Lopez's weblog





Monday, April 11, 2005

Monday morning, April 11

I counted 10 voicemails awaiting me this morning, and all were nice. Don't laugh. That's not always the case. But this morning it was. Three of the calls were from readers thanking us for our coverage on Pope John Paul II, and one caller wanting to know if we were producing a commemorative section. We are not, unfortunately. Three other voicemails were from reader Martin Gottlieb. Martin lives in West Contra Costa County and is a frequent caller. His thing is good news. He wants one edition of the newspaper to be all good news. The newsroom doesn't get humming till around 10 a.m. Usually at the 8 o'clock hour it's me, my assistant Sharon Peterson who this morning is busy with processing timecards, a morning cops reporter, our web producer Rob Neill, our TV book editor Deb Carvalho, one of our top page designers Jennifer Schaefer, our news librarian boss Mona Hatfield, Gary Bogue our Page 2 pet columnist, and some staff in our features dept. I usually work from around 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., and then my evenings get filled with either social functions to represent the paper or I read stories at home that are going into the paper or are planned for a few days down the road. For me, it seems like I never get caught up.

5 Comments:

Blogger Work From Home Center said...

Hi, Thanks for your interesting blog. Keep up the great work! I also have a site & blog about work at home business opportunity mlm
, please feel free to visit.

3:08 AM  
Blogger Infactahost.com said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a exchange holiday link site/blog. It pretty much covers exchange holiday link related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

12:54 AM  
Blogger Brian said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a add link manager reciprocal user.php site/blog. It pretty much covers add link manager reciprocal user.php related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

9:29 AM  
Blogger GooglePlexMan said...

I really like your blog. Did you know that you can find all kinds of Free Business Card Online
online. It's the best place for finding Free Business Card Online
so tell everyone.

3:42 AM  
Blogger Freddies Blog said...

Last month I made $12,124 with Google Adsense...Click
here for free on how you can do the same!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home