Subscriber Services
Subscriber Services
Weather
Complete Forecast
News
  •  Breaking News
  •  Gov. Schwarzenegger
  •  Contra Costa County
  •  Alameda County
  •  Bay & State
  •  Crime & Courts
  •  Education
  •  Health
  •  Nation & World
  •  Politics
  •  Science & Environment
  •  Transportation & Growth
  •  Iraq
  •  War on terror
  •  Commuter page
  •  Where we live
  •  Obituaries


Back to Home >  News

Times Editor Chris Lopez's weblog





Monday, April 04, 2005

End of day

The day began with a 8 a.m. scan at 2,000 plus emails awaiting me upon my return from a few days off. That was followed by a 3 hour meeting with the group of editors who make up our senior editor staff. We meet the first Monday of every month to work through issues, address our strategy and look at where we're going. That was followed by more conversations with a variety of staff on a variety of issues. That was followed by our Page 1 daily meeting (you're always welcome to join that meeting. we meet every day at 2:30 p.m. to discuss the front page. just call ahead to let us know you're coming.) And then my afternoon proceeded with addressing the issues that surfaced to the top in the few days I was gone, including our efforts to build on our successess online and our efforts to produce quality weekly publications in the East Bay markets we serve. I forgot to take time today for lunch. I promise myself that I'll make sure to do that on Tuesday. I only began to get to the emails I left behind. I killed most of them without reading them because they looked like spam. I identified some I need to read ASAP and others I'll get to as the week progresses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home